100% SUSTAINABILITY CERTIFIED COFFEE

WE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR PEOPLE AND THE ENVIRONMENT

Arvid Nordquist wants to ensure that working conditions are fair and that consideration is shown to the environment throughout the entirety of the production chain. We act against discrimination and child labour.

In many of the countries which produce coffee, there are risks regarding both working environments and working conditions. Corruption and child labour are not uncommon in many of the cultivating countries. This places demands on importers to be especially careful and to take responsibility. 

FIRST IN THE NORDICS TO ONLY USE 100% SUSTAINABILITY CERTIFIED COFFEE BEANS

Since June 2014, Arvid Nordquist has guaranteed the sustainability of farming practices, working environments and working conditions at every stage of our coffee production. We do this by using a combination of beans which are certified in accordance with UTZ, Fairtrade, Rainforest Alliance and KRAV.

SCRUTINY OF WORKING CONDITIONS AND THE ENVIRONMENT

These established certification schemes have comprehensive criteria for improving agricultural practices, the working environment and workers’ rights. They also work to combat the use of child labour and discrimination. In addition, the certification schemes set requirements concerning the environment, which includes optimising water consumption and reducing energy consumption. The farms reuse the flesh of the fruit as a natural fertiliser, as ground cover and for biogas plants with the aim of switching to renewable energy sources.

THIRD-PARTY REVIEW

But most importantly, the consumer can be sure that an annual review by a third party has taken place. This means that an impartial and independent operator confirms that the farmer complies with all the criteria demanded by the certification. The UTZ certification also shares knowledge with the farmer regarding improved farming practices in order to increase quality which, in turn, contributes to a further improvement in economic conditions. Over 90% of the coffee beans in Arvid Nordquist’s basic selection are certified by UTZ.

Close-up shot of coffee leaves

100% SUSTAINABILITY CERTIFIED

Fully 90% of the beans in Arvid Nordquist’s basic product range are UTZ certified. The remaining 10% comprises a combination of certifications from UTZ, Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance. So what do all these certifications mean?